Hi everyone. How are we all doing on this fine day? Living in London you tend to forget how lucky you are to be surrounded by so many amazing galleries and exhibitions. Myself even, I don’t go to anywhere near as many exhibitions and galleries as I would like. For 2017 it’s one of my New Year’s Resolutions, so I wanted to share some of the art shows I’m really excited to see.
- David Hockney at Tate Britain. If you didn’t have a chance to catch the amazing exhibition of Hockney's at the Royal academy of Arts a couple of years ago then this is a must.
- Wolfgang Tillman’s at Tate Modern. Is he a photographer? A DJ? A Musician? An Activist? Who knows, he’s whatever he wants to be and whomever he wants to be, and this show is likely to be an amazing experience showcasing his many many talents.
- Eduardo Paolozzi at Whitechapel Gallery. Pop art meets modern life in a great retrospective.
- Fahrelnissa Zeid at Tate modern. Islamic art influences Zeid's work to create a wonderful mix of Islamic art with a western influence. Beautiful, unique and abstract. Definitely one worth going to see.
- Grayson Perry at The Serpentine Gallery. Everyone’s favourite mad artist, TV presenter, author and cross dresser Grayson Perry is showcasing his artwork from the past few years.
- Cezanne at the National Portrait Gallery. A ‘Once in a Lifetime’ show, and fairly obvious why with the first exhibition in London to showcase all of Paul Cezanne’s portraits.
What exhibitions are you looking forward to this year? Any recommendations for me?